Rendering

After animating I had 11 different files that would require rendering. I was rendering after I finished each scene to make sure I didn't run out of time. I decided to render at a 16:9 resolution of 1067 x 600. I chose this format to give the animation a more cinematic look. My scene had 1 skylight and 1 omni light, I set the ‘rays per sample’ for the skylight to 12 which was a good compromise between quality and render time. Depending on the specific scene I was rendering each scene between 1:30 and 2 minutes. I did make a few mistakes whilst rendering, I had to re-render a scene because I forgot to turn on the omni light which was highly frustrating. I also had to re-render a scene due to me not hiding the biped which was poking out at the feet. From these errors I made sure I checked everything before hitting render and leaving it to run. For times when the animation is still I rendered a bitmap image so as not to waste time rendering still frames. 




0 comments: