Scene Development 1

In order to get the scale of my character model correct I created the major parts of the scene. I started by creating the chest of draws which would act as the main platform where the action will take place. The drawers were created by making a box and simply extruding polygons. I used a wooden image diffuse & applied the same image for the bump to give it a realistic wooden look. I applied a UVW map which allowed me to manipulate the material further. I also created the drawer handles and made a golden material for them. 


The lamp provides a visual source for the light & creates an effective lighting style. I created the lamp by starting with a cylinder and extruding out from the cap, the angles were created by using the 'hinge from edge' tool.  Finally I created a cone and extruded inwards to create a space for the light bulb. For the bulb I set the material as self illuminating which gave the effect that the light was on. I finally set a target spot to make the lamp actually provide the lighting for the scene. I adjusted the intensity & falloff to create the required lighting.

I will now create some objects on the floor of the scene that will provide obstacles that my character will interact with at the beginning of the animation.



0 comments: