Model Skinning Development 1

After completing the models body (exluding the eyes) I inserted a biped and began skinning. I could certainly foresee problems with the skinning phase so I wanted to get this part done as soon as possible. Initially I inserted the biped which didnt require much modifying. I removed the fingers & toes from the biped as my character had no need for them, I also removed a spine link.


After watching all the appropriate tutorial videos provided I then started skinning the model using the skin modifier. Again becuase of the simple nature of my model the process was not too difficult. Once I set the initial weights and started to test the movement I was pleasently surprised with the deformation & movement. The further tweaks to get the deformations to the point I was happy with however took much longer.

0 comments: